My iPhone app, Learn Italic Calligraphy V3, still aimed at beginners, will have a few exciting additions!
1. Several lowercase videos have been completely re-shot to show their simple and swash styles side by side.
2. I reshot the “number” videos to show two versions of digits 0-3 and 5-9.
3. I added a new chapter to the book on how to center lines of text. You’ve seen those poems in calligraphy where all the lines of text are perfectly centered. How do they do that? Full-color photos show each step.
4. I added a large number of amazing video links to the app.
5. I expanded on several chapters in the book, adding a few more tips and information beginners should know about their equipment.
I am hard at work on the next version already. I’ve already reshot the capital letters to show their plain and swash versions side by side. All those videos need to be edited to replace the current videos. That’ll be in the February update to the app. I’ll include one-two more chapters in that version as well.
Then it’s on to create more calligraphic apps of different alphabet styles, with all videos in-app!